I mentioned on #PedagooFriday…
Some folk were asking for a blog post on this, so I thought I’d try my first ever screencast!
The very helpful post I mentioned is here.
As we’re part way through this topic now, I decided to take some time out last week to reflect on our progress. We did a “table mat” activity where I got the pupils to reflect individually on the positives and the difficulties and then they had to come up with possible improvements as a group. I then summarised all of this for each class. You can see one example of the sort of reflections they were coming up with, and the summaries for each class in the presentation below.
Both classes were quite anxious regarding how much they’re learning. To help them with this I used Flubaroo to create a little check test for them to show how much they are learning, and I’ve printed off a sheet for them to record their progress for them to stick into their jotters. I’ve also given them more help in terms of the websites to use for research, and the sort of activities which they could plan for the lessons.
Everyone’s finding it challenging, but I think more are beginning to get used to this way of working…I’m really pleased with the sorts of positives which they came up with already!